Thursday 8 November 2018


Calming Garden


This art journal page represents the calming feeling of the life outside my window. 


I started by gluing down a mandala adult colouring book and strips of plasters tape. 


I then used white gesso to seal the page and also to work as an adhesive for the fabric doiley. I dabbed the gesso on with a dry brush to create texture and form small bubbles on the page. 


Fabric doiley


Bubbles formed with gesso.


I then used Tim Holtz distress paint colours (mustard seed, mermaid lagoon and carved pumpkin) to create this green. I didn't have a tim holtz green so i experimented with mixing the colour directly on the page. I must say i was very happy with the result. 


I then added Tim holtz distress paint colour( seedles preserves) to the fabric doiley as well as to high light various areas of the page. I also added tim holtz ALCOHOL ink (denim) to the page. As i only have a small collection of the distress paint i'm really loving creating my own colours from them. Such a fantastic paint to play with. 


I added a yellow green acrylic paint through a stencil all over the page, missing the doiley. Once dry i pulled the plasters tape off leaving behind this fantastic stencil pattern on the page. 


I then placed the plasters tape back onto the page. Plasters tape is an amazing craft tool as it can be used as a stencil and an embellishment to add to journal pages or atc's (artist trading cards).


I then painted some flower and leaf die cuts using the tim holtz distress paint. I used a black oil pastel around the edges to create depth. 


I also used black and white oil pastels on the fabric doiley and on the alcohol ink drip under the doiley.


I used black and a green oil pastel around the edges of the page creating a boarder. I added bling to the centre of the flowers.  I must apologise for the quality of the last few photos. Not sure what happened there. 

I hope you have enjoyed this blog. 

I got the inspiration from the November art and soul mood board. (green). 

The products used in this page can be purchased from the art and soul website,
www.artandsoul.com.au  other products include die cuts, fabric doiley, bling, yellow green acrylic paint and plasters tape. 

Thankyou for taking time out to view my blog. xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment