Sunday 4 November 2018


Today's art journal page is vintage inspired.  I love this vintage photo a lovely lady sent me. 


I started by gluing this very cool wrapping paper to the page. 


Then i glued some script paper from the Kaisercraft pen and ink range. Available from your local spotlight store. I also added a vintage label also available from the range. 


Then i used Tim Holtz Distress paint ( tattered rose ), and dry brussed it all over the open white page, edging the glued paper.


I then added Tim Holtz Distress Paint in (antiqued bronze) around the edge's of the glued  paper 


Then i added this amazing mint acrylic paint with a brayer. I love using a brayer, it gives such a rustic look. I then added black gesso while the paint was still wet. Gently rubbing it onto the page with my fingers. 


I then added this beautiful image and a vintage butterfly image from the Kaisercraft pen and ink range. I also added a cut out from a beautiful napkin with butterflies and flowers.  I concentrated the black as a boarder for the images and the page. 


Then using a gold 3D fabric paint i a bit of bling to the page. My craft hack is using the fabric paint as an adhesive for the bling. It gives the work an almost jewellery look to it, well i think so anyway. 


I also used the gold fabric paint as a boarder to the butterflies image and added bling to the butterflies antenna. 


I'm very happy with the overall look of this page. I was going to add a quote as i most often do but decided this page didn't need one. 

I hope you have enjoyed this page as much as i enjoyed making it. 

Products for this page can be purchased from spotlight, your local craft store or any good online craft stores..... https://artandsoulstudio.com.au

xoxo Thankyou for taking time out of your day to view my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment