Monday 8 October 2018

What to do with a spare half an hour.


LIVE with Promise, LOVE with Passion, LAUGH with Pleasure.


In this blog you'll see me using only one stencil for the background. Instead of using an art implement with paint through the stencil i paint straight onto the page, place the stencil onto the painted area and using a baby wipe, wipe the paint away through the stencil. You'll see what i mean...
Enjoy. xoxo


Start by gluing down whatever book pages and simple images you like. I've used a page from a novel, a sheet of music, a clock face, bingo ticket and a random number. Place them wherever you feel onto the page. 


I blobbed the orange acrylic paint directly onto the page in four spots. Then using a dry brush i spread the paint onto the parts of the page that were empty. I wasn't fussed if the paint covered part of the images and book pages.


While the paint was wet i placed the stencil onto the page. Using a baby wipe i gently wiped away the paint through the stencil. I love using this technique. The paint stains the page as you wipe the paint away to give a lovely soft look. I then dried the page with my hair dryer. Make sure each layer of paint is dry otherwise the paint colour will mix and could look muddy.


I then did the same with mint acrylic paint. I blobbed the paint directly onto the page, spread the paint with a dry brush and placed the same stencil onto the wet paint, wiping away with a baby wipe to reveal a soft stencil look.



I then did this process one more time with this lovely (yellow/pink) or cream looking acrylic paint. 


I then rubbed the brush i was using for this colour onto the page using up the very last of the paint. I hate wastage. This also helped soften up the areas of orange and the top gap near the bingo card.


Then using a very old, much loved hard bristled brush i added a little bit of black.
I love clocks and flowers. 


Then without adding any more black paint to the brush i rubbed the edges of the page as well as boarder the number and bingo card. The brush pictured i've had since year 11, so almost 18 years. I'll probably cry when my beloved brush falls apart.


Now it's time to play with bubble wrap. I love bubble wrap. The more times you use the same piece the more paint is collected on it. Using white acrylic paint smeared onto a spare piece of paper i lightly press the bubble wrap onto it. 


Then i press the bubble wrap onto the page.


The above picture is the bubble wrap print. As you can see some of the paint from the bubble wrap has come off onto the page. I love this. Now with out adding any dark blue paint my page has magically transformed with pops of colour. Craft magic makes me very happy.


The bubble wrap prints are mainly kept to the centre of the page. As the amount of white paint lessens i press the bubble wrap firmly all over the page helping lighten up the page.


Then using a smaller stiff bristled brush i used this great stencil. However you van add a quote from a book or use a black sharpie or brush and write/paint your own words of wisdom. 


Then i added a little bling. I've had these brown/orange and green hue diamante's for awhile but didn't know what to use them on. Perfect page for vintage bling. 

I hope you have enjoyed this page as much as i enjoyed making it. 

Give it a go and show us your craft love. 


Thank you for taking some time to view this page. I hope these simple craft techniques help you on your craft journey.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment